A national orientation program for ENTB resource persons was organized on 13th & 14th August 2014 at Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), Anaikatty, Coimbatore, for discussion on scaling-up the project across India along with the partnership of mentors representing all regions of India. This orientation program for mentors/resource persons was a congregation of avian biology experts, bird watchers and natural lovers for discussing the possibilities and to devise a road map for taking this project from current regional level to national level. Total participation was over 56 including 32 participants from different parts of the country.
The programme was intended to intimate the participants over the progress of the Explore the nature through birds (ENTB) program since the last brainstorming session held in July and to chart a road map for the future expansion of the program.
The Future Plans
* Taking this project and science communication module developed to all corners of the country.
* Involving children of all classes and sections of society in nature observation and scientific documentation of their observation.
* Publishing the childrens’ observations – publication of students work in quarterly newsletter. Newsletter is planned for January 2015 with constructive steps made during next 4 months.
* A national coordinating committee to monitor and mentor the teachers and children in bird watching and a road map will be developed for keeping up the momentum for reaching nationally.
* National level children’s ecology conference could be planned for 2015.
ENTB National Orientation Program – Participants
National Orientation Program